One of my actual favorite holidays is approaching, GALENTINE’S DAY! Shout out to all my Parks & Rec fans out there, who loved the episode where Leslie Knope invented Galentine’s Day! Galentine’s Day is typically celebrated on or around Feb. 13th every year. Just like Leslie Knope quoted in the iconic episode, it is “ladies celebrating ladies!”
This year my gals and I couldn’t wait, so we celebrated a little early! Here are some tips to have an epic Galentine’s Day party! It is a great time to get together and catch up on everyone’s busy life over some mimosas.
CUTE DECOR will take your Galentine’s Day party to the next level. I highly recommend creating a cute backdrop for photos. Sparkle and Soul Party Company sells the best party decor and she is a local boss babe!! Check out this adorable fringe wall (*which I hung up, so it is a little uneven whoops!) Nina (Owner of Sparkle and Soul Party Co.) made us this custom champagne colored ‘Brunch Babes’ banner. Fresh flowers are always a plus too! For more party and decor ideas check out my Galentine’s Day Board on Pinterest!
Now let’s talk FOOD & BOOZE! At our recent blogger Galentine’s Day party, we each brought a brunch item. Kelsey from It’s Kelsey Diane made a stunning waffle/pancake board that was delicious! Click here to learn how to make one! A few of us brought champagne, various juices, and a signature cocktail drink. Check out Alex’s blog, Lex Food Guide for a stellar recipe! For dessert, we had custom cookies made by Kyla of @sissycooksitup. Kyla came up with the idea to do traditional conversation hearts with some fun non-traditional sayings on them like BLOG BABE, SQUAD GOALS, GRL POWER, SLAY, and GALENTINE’S.
PARTY FAVORS are a sweet gesture and I recommend them at every party! I made cute little goody bags (bought from Dollar Tree) with assorted chocolates in it for everyone. Spotz Gelato added some delicious love bites to our party favors and a gift certificate. Check out Spotz in Lexington, Versailles, or Georgetown. The love bites are only around for a limited time. My favorite flavor is cookies & cream. Perfect for Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day!
Here are a few practical ways you can ENTERTAIN at your Galentine’s Day party.
- A self care gift exchange: Everyone brings a gift (usually no more than $15) that is related to self care. This could be a gift card for coffee, a bath bomb, a book, bottle of wine, or something sweet.
- Make your own face mask/body scrub: This is so fun to do with your girls any time! Literally most of the ingredients in face masks and scrubs, we already have in our kitchens. (honey, brown sugar, lemon, coconut oil, tea, peppermint, avocado, egg, and chocolate) Click here for a few of my favorite recipes!
- Wine + Painting: You don’t need to spend a fortune on a class! Get your girls together, pop a bottle or 5 (LOL) and YouTube something! There are so many FREE step by step tutorials online. I recommend The Art Sherpa.
- Vision Boards: Defiantly a great time of the year to make a new vision board. Use magazines, items, or free printable graphics. Talk about your goals together and set your intentions.
- Movie day/night: Throw on a chick flick, or if you are like us, Harry Potter. We still visited with each other, but having a good movie on never hurts!
Let me know how you and your girls celebrate this lovely holiday!
For some more Galentine’s Day content check out my fellow Kentucky blogger babes!
Priyanka of Glamour and Giggles for a skincare routine/makeup look!
Amanda of Caffeine and Courage for things to do with your gals!
Courtney of Kentucky Girl Ramblings for an outfit look!